I hope you all are doing great. First of all, A very Happy New Year to all of you beautiful people. May This year turns out to be exactly how you want and need it to be. I know I have been MIA since last two months, but that was deliberate and decided. I missed you all, your lovely comments and support a lot. If you want to know where I was?, why I took a break? And what I learned from my blogging break? Then keep on reading. I’ll also be sharing a few of my goals for 2018 in the end so make sure you read it all the way till there. I am sure you won’t regret winks
I started this blog to write about all the things I was and am passionate about, makeup being on top of the list. Never in my dreams I thought I would be tired of blogging. This blog is my baby and I have actually put so much hard work in making it one of the known blogs in my country. In the past few months I found myself getting tired of writing and blogging in general. It just felt like I have so many responsibilities I can not invest my time in this anymore. So after much debate with myself, inside my head, I decided to take a break. I decided that I am not going to blog until my mind brews something fresh or at least feels refreshed enough to blog again. So I took that much needed break and started reading my old blogs in my free time. What I realized was, instead of doing what I like I was just running after following the blogging trends. As important as it is to keep up with the trends, it is also necessary to hold on to your originality quite firmly. Sharing natural beauty remedies and makeup tricks and hacks were the specialty of my blog. Since last year all I was doing was sharing makeup reviews and writing about makeup launches and events that too just to keep my blog going. As I am doing freelance writing along with blogging and my studies, it was really hard for me to prioritize what was important to me. Due to that, I realized the importance of having a planner/organizer in your life. Also, even after not blogging for two months my blog stats didn’t go down dramatically Alhamdulillah. I still have my readers who love to read what I write and this is solely the reason why I was drawn back to blogging.
So in a nutshell, this blogging break made me realize that,
- If I want to keep my passion, my job, my studies, and my personal life along with me on the road of life then I need to plan ahead.
- Dudettestalk should represent me and my thoughts not only what is trending among the bloggers.
- My readers are my biggest support. My blog is still loved and people do come back to it Alhamdulillah.
Moving on to the goals for 2018, I have a few small goals. Nothing major because I know big goals overwhelm me and I get stressed out.
- My first resolution is to drink more water. I pledge to drink a sufficient amount of water every single year, but I fail to do. This time I have set reminders on my phone to make sure I do not skip drinking water. Sounds funny? Yes I know, but my forgetful brain asked for it.
- The second goal is to change my little habits that make my life a little bit more unorganized and I would say weird. For example, I leave the lights on even when I leave the room, I don’t make my bed as soon as I get up, I eat too much spice etc. All these habits need to be changed this year to make my life even more proper.
- Last but not the least, I would try my best to control my anger. I have some serious anger management issues which not only hurts me, but also the people I love. I have kind of been using my anger as my defense system because of some reasons but in reality it is only making me weaker. So, this year I will be saying NO to anger as much as I can.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. I would love to know what your goals are for 2018. Let me know in the comments down below. Till then, Much Love ❤
Image Source: Google Images.