Hope you all doing great and had a lovely start of the week. Possible? For me, yes! this week was a bit different I got the most likes on my recently shared Instagram post today and I was beyond happy. Last night, I shared a picture of Desi Macaronis that I made for dinner and the response that I got on that picture was overwhelming. If you follow me on Istagram you might know how much I love this dish. If you don’t, you can follow me here.
So, a lot of you asked me to share the recipe of what I like to call “Desi Macaroni” so here we go!
- Beef mince — 1 kg.
- Macaroni — 3 packs.
- Oil — 1 cup.
- Finely sliced onions — 2 large.
- Ginger Garlic Paste — 1 1/2 spoon each.
- Salt — As per taste.
- Red chili powder — 1 1/2 table spoon.
- Coriander powder — 1/ 12 table spoon.
- Turmeric powder — 1/2 tea spoon.
- Cumin powder — 1/2 tea spoon.
- Yogurt — 1 cup.
- Oregano leaves — 1/2 tea spoon.
- Basil leaves — 1/4 tea spoon.
- Ketchup — 1 cup.
- Mayonnaise — 3 to 4 table spoons.
- Butter — 1 tea spoon.
- Soy sauce — 2 1/2 table spoon.
- Vinegar — 2 table spoon.
- Chili sauce — 1 1/2 table spoon.
- Black pepper — as per taste.
- White pepper — 1/2 tea spoon.
- Cubed tomatoes — 5
- Chopped coriander leaves — 2 1/2 cups.
- Cubed Capsicum — 3 to 4 large.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till golden. When fried, Separate the onions and spread on a paper towel.
- Add mince, ginger garlic paste and all the spices except oregano and basil to the oil and mix it.
- Blend the fried onions with yogurt, add to the mince and let it cook on low flame until water dries up.
- When cooked, add oregano, basil, mayonnaise, ketchup , all sauces and butter to the mince and fry it on high flame until the oil is separated.
- Boil macaroni and strain. Add one tablespoon oil to the boiled macaroni and mix it.
- Transfer macaroni into a cooking pot, add the prepared mince, coriander leaves, chopped tomatoes and capsicum to the macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- I usually add extra black pepper, soy sauce and chili sauce while mixing to make it taste even richer.
- Cover the cooking pot with lid and let it steam for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Serve it soft drinks and lemons.
I basically “invented” this recipe when I used to be home alone after my college ended. Good times!. I have always received tons of compliments on this dish so I thought why not share it over here? I hope you like the recipe. I would love to hear your feedback ❤
Take care ❤