Protein shampoo and conditioner … Sounds interesting, right??
Scroll down to know if it is or not!
I’ve been wanting to try out an organic shampoo/conditioner and decided to buy Himalaya Herbals Protein shampoo – repair and regeneration with the matching conditioner.
What it claims:
Perfect for dry, frizzy or hair damaged from blow-drying, brushing and chemical treatment. A special blend of herbs provide intensive conditioning from the root to the tip repairing and regenerating your hair and protecting it from future damage.
- Chickpea: Rich source of natural proteins.
- Amla & Beach-almond: Natural hair tonics that repair and regenerate hair.
- Licorice: Helps promote hair growth.
Provides intensive conditioning for dry, frizzy or damaged hair. Gently repairs, regenerates and protects your hair from future damage, keeping it healthy and soft.
- Aloe: Effective natural moisturizer.
- Yarrow: Natural conditioner for hair.
- Chickpea & Bean Sprout: Rich sources of natural proteins.
At first when I poured it out I was confused by the texture and its golden-brownish color. I had never seen any shampoo like this before. It has a very strong fragrance that I dislike, because I always like soft smelling bath products.
When I applied the shampoo, it didn’t lather at all. So, I worked it into my hair for at least 10 to 15 minutes to make it white and foamy. It left my hair squeaky clean like literally squeaky clean. I could hear squeaks when I rubbed my hair (while wet).
The Product is okay! It maintained the shine, made my hair tad softer than before but took away the silkiness. I have been using this shampoo for a month and my hair is flat from the roots now. No Volume at all.
The conditioner is Okay! It is white and thick. It detangled my hair annnnnnddd yeah… Nothing else. It didn’t nourish or repair my hair as it claimed to do.
Go For It If:
- You like strong fragrances in your shower.
- You like that squeaky clean effect (which is really harmful).
- You want an organic shampoo/conditioner.
Leave It If:
- You have very oily hair.
- You like your shampoo to lather well.
- If you want your hair to be voluminous.
I purchased those at Home Plus super market near Disco Bakery (funny name, I know ;] ). Both for 195 PKR. It is easily available at other super stores as well.
Have you tried this shampoo/conditioner? Did it work for you?